Corporate social resposibility
Since 2004, when Bulgarian Real Estate Fund was established, we’ve always been committed to following the policy of developing environmentally sustainable projects and doing business in ways that respect our clients, partners, community and the environment.
BREF is committed to helping change the way projects are developed, energy consumed and environment protected. Just as the company is dedicated to developing exceptional projects, we are equally determined to help and participate in other social causes within our community.
What are we doing to be a responsible company?
- In 2007 BREF donated a significant amount of money for the renovation of a kindergarten building in the city of Sandanski, near the border with Greece.
- BREF along with its management company, REM Ltd., sponsored a “Courses within the nature” project of the Educo Bulgaria – foundation engaged with activities of children at risk.
- Development of a flyover bridge leading to the landmark project of the Fund, Kambanite Business Center, and donating it to the municipality. The bridge will also allow the car traffic to move over the ring road of Sofia directly to the Kambanite residential district, thus avoiding the inconvenient traffic on the rind road and the risk of car accidents. (still in construction)
- Installation of sun shed protection on the windows of Kambanite Business Center which will decrease the electricity consumption in the long-run.
- Donating 300 sq.m. from one of the Fund’s land plots in Sofia, for the development of auxiliary road infrastructure.
- After the acquisition of Mr.Bricolage stores in Sofia and Varna, BREF invested in the optimization of the energy efficiency of the two stores and as a result the latter were granted with A class passport for energy efficiency.